Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Week #8 - Cayambe, Ecuador - September 22, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

I’m sending lots of pictures this week. It’s really hard to upload them on these computers. It takes a lot of time, so I won’t have as much time to write as I’d like to. To answer your question about my mission address, just use the mission office. That’s the best way to get letters to me. :)

My Spanish honestly is terrible! :( I speak best when I’m teaching a lesson but it’s been hard to express myself like I want to and its kinda frustrating sometimes. But all of our investigators are awesome! We have 9 investigators right now with baptismal dates! I baptized one of them on Saturday! I was very nervous because I had to say the prayer in Spanish. Also before the baptism began, we were trying to figure out how to make the water warm but we couldn't figure it out so the water ended up being freezing. I messed up saying the prayer the first time but I got it the second time! The district leaders were at the baptism as well. They baptized another girl at the same baptism. They also live in Cayambe… Elder Webber and Elder Del Aguilla. The girl I baptized was my age. She is 18. Baptizing an investigator was probably one of the best experiences ever! I will send pictures of us before the baptism. We have another baptism next Saturday! For a boy who is 15!  Oh, and just a little bit of silly info: My favorite word in Spanish is vaca or cow. Hahaha. I’ll send you a picture of me next to a cow that we passed on the way to teach an investigator.

Mom asked about my house… It is fine! I will be sure to take some pictures of the house next week and send them to you! The toilets here aren't that great but whatever… There is a lot to adjust to! It’s very different here, but it’s kinda what I expected.  It gets surprisingly cold here though! You wouldn't think but it does. Glad that I brought several sweaters with me because I use them all the time! It is also very rainy since it is the rainy season right now.

Thank you for those who write me. I really enjoy your letters each week! Can you tell Jessica to write me, too? I know she is probably really busy a lot but if she can, I would love it. I miss her! I miss all of you guys! 

I’m sorry I didn't send a big email this week. It just takes so much time to load the pictures. Next week will be a better email. Have a great week! <3

Elder Dyal


Elder Dyal and his companion with their 18 year old investigator, Ana Gabriela Cevallos Tobango 
He said, "Surprisingly, I didn't mess up her name during the baptismal prayer!"

Ana Gabriela Cevallos Tobango's family 

Elder Del Aguilla and Elder Webber with their investigator 
Elder Dyal and Elder Arcaya with their investigator

Elder Dyal in Cayambe


Elder Dyal in Cayambe with the Cayambe Volcano in the background
To learn more about the Cayambe Volcano, press the link below

Elder Dyal's favorite Spanish word is vaca (cow), so he wanted to take a picture with one!
There are many farmlands in and around Cayambe.







1 comment:

  1. In those first two pictures he looks so similar that he could almost just have Photoshopped himself in.

    ReplyDelete