Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Week #10 - Cayambe, Ecuador - October 6, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

First of all, I hope everyone enjoyed General Conference! I'm so glad that I was able to watch it in English. All the North Americans missionaries watched it in English on a computer in a small room in the church. I would have watched it in Spanish but I wanted to get the most out of it. My companion and I were really pleased with the turn out we had of our investigators attending conference. All of our progressing investigators attended at least one session of conference. Well, all except one investigator because he owns a store pretty far away from the church, but he's getting baptized next week and we are very sure he will be a strong member of the church.

Speaking of investigators, we were tracking and found these two women named Ana and Dina last week. They were probably the hardest lesson I have taught. We plan on visiting them again very soon. We urged them to pray about the things we talked to them about and asked them to read the Book of Mormon that we gave them, but they have very strong opinions about prophets not being on the earth and that prayer isn't a necessary part of life. If you would, maybe mention them in your prayers this week so that they can open their hearts to the things we are teaching them. I know that the Gospel can really bless their lives. :)

The food here is great! I am really enjoying trying the different things that people make for us. Our lunches are provided by what they call "Mamítas", or members who provide lunch for us out of the goodness of their heart. One of them owns a restaurante and we eat there on Tuesday and Wednesday. Usually rice, sopa, some kind of vegetable and meat are always involved. So yeah...good stuff! :p

My Spanish is getting a lot better and my ability to understand it is as well. Thank you so much for your prayers in my behalf. I really feel them every day. Although I still find it difficult to understand when people ask me specific questions. I can usually understand and pick out most of the words they say, but I find it difficult to understand the question as a whole. I know that eventually with the Lord's help, I will be able to understand everything. Many of you have given me advice on how to speak and understand the language better and I'm very grateful for your help. :)

I'm so bummed because the pictures from the baptism last week and all the pictures from my P-day somehow got deleted on my camera! I've asked my companion to send me the ones he took but they arent as good as mine. I hope it works out and I can send pictures your way next week. Anyways, as always, have a wonderful week everyone! Remember the words spoken by the general authorities of the church and try to put Christ at the center of your life. :) Thank you again for all you guys do for me! I truly am blessed to have all of you in my life! Until next week...

Elder Dyal


No comments:

Post a Comment