Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Week #14 - Cayambe, Ecuador - November 3, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

Sorry, I don't really have time for a very long email this week. Plus I can't really think of much that happened this week. Not anything significant anyway, except that unfortunately we didn't have any baptisms like we had planned. One of our investigators told us he didn't really have a testimony so we told him to pray about his testimony and the things we have taught him. We decided to push the baptism back to this Saturday! Hope it works out. But I hope even more that he gains a firm testimony. I can see that he desires to know the truth and I think he really wants to get baptized. Please add him to your prayers this week. 

We didn't hardly have anyone at church on Sunday because it was Dia De Difuntos, or Day of the Dead which is apparently a big holiday here. Big enough that no one attended church I guess. It was weird having such emptiness in church.

Almost every P-day we play soccer with the other elders in the area and a ton of natives in our ward. They are so good and I feel like I've been getting better. It's been so fun. I really enjoy playing every week.

But anyway I'm sorry I don't have enough things to put in a letter to everyone other than basically all of our investigators are weakening and we are working on new baptismal dates for them. :/ And also for some reason I feel like my Spanish is getting worse. Has this happened to anyone else on their mission? For awhile I felt like I was progressing, then stable, but now getting worse. I don't know! Maybe I just feel like it is because I want it to be better. Anyway, I'm making this week sound so terrible, but it hasn't been. Just disappointing! Anyway, thanks for everyones letters and emails! I always look forward to reading them. They honestly make my week! Until next week....

Spencer :)





No comments:

Post a Comment