Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Week #24 - East Quito, Ecuador - January 12, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,
           
Well today was "changes", which is always some of the most exciting times as a missionary!!!! I had perfect confidence that I would stay here in "La Luz" for another change and to no one's surprise, that's what happened.

This area is kind of strange for me sometimes. I remember when I first entered the apartment that I live in now, I thought there was something really familiar about it. What was even more strange was when I first went to the zone leaders house for the first time, I could have sworn that have been there before! It's all very weird and occasionally I still get that deja vu feeling. Not sure why... 

I'm so glad to be here in La Luz for another change. I did not feel at all like my work here was done. We've been working hard the last few weeks, and now we have a lot of potential future members of the church in this area which is exciting. Although it was really sad when one of the ladies that I thought had the most potential decided to give us the Book of Mormon back last week. She told us she read every night and read almost half of it, but stopped reading it because she thought it just wasn't for her. Despite my persistence, her decision was clear. I felt almost back to square one after that and terribly sad that I couldn't have helped this woman more.

So last week I told you about the emergency transfer, and that my companion this week was one of the zone leaders, Elder Nogales. He had a lot of work he had to do in some of the other sectors this week, so we went on splits a lot with the other zone leader and his companion, Elder Ladines. I think my companion wanted to do this since he had a bit of a desire to be with the other Elders instead of just with me, so I worked with Elder Ladines this week more than I did with Elder Nogales. It was an unusual week that way...

A lot changed with the transfers today. It was Elder Ladines last transfer. He is actually from Ecuador and his family came up here to go to church with us before he left today. For Elder Nogales, he has a lot of problems with his visa, so he is going to return to Chile, his home country, and finish his mission there.

My new companion as of today is from Honduras. I don't know him really well yet but from what I have seen and heard from other missionaries, I have lots of hopes for a good transfer.

For p-day today, we went to Quicentro again and played pool with a bunch of other missionaries. It's been fun so far with my new companion! I'm really looking forward to this week.

As always, thank you for your prayers on my behalf. You all are such a blessing in my life! Thank you for all your letters of encouragement and advice and everything you guys do for me! I hope you all have a wonderful week! I haven't gotten my camera card back, but when I do, may pictures will be coming!

Elder Dyal 



No comments:

Post a Comment