Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Week #25 - East Quito, Ecuador - January 19, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been great! My new companion seems to be pretty good. He has already been a great help and boast for me and the sector. He has a "plan" of success that he is convinced will help. I haven't done missionary work the way that he does it before but I think it will be really good and I'm willing to try anything new if it helps. I'm hoping we can have more success to make up for the two transfers where it's been more difficult and the missionary work has suffered.

The zone now is also completely different. Instead of loud and rowdy, it's more calm and reverent which I have really liked. Haha! Besides that, this week has been work as usual...nothing too interesting happened. Although we did have a special training meeting, which included all of the Quito areas. The president, secretaries, and assistants all attended the meeting. The president stressed a more spiritual and obedient environment which is why it's been more calm and reverent. It was actually pretty amusing because my companion apparently had some drama with some of the sisters during his last change, so he was nervous to go to the meeting and see all of them. Haha! My companion gave the spiritual thought during the meeting and I looked over at the sisters to see their reaction. Just by looking at their faces, I'm pretty sure they are still a bit mad. Hahaha! That was a bit amusing.

Today for P day, we went to the Quicentro mall. My companion likes to buy clothes, so he bought a new white shirt for an overly expensive price! At least it was way above what I would pay! It was at a store called Zara. I barely recognize any of the stores in the mall since they are way different than what you see in the mall in the states. Although needless to say everything is extremely expensive here. Either that or I'm really cheap! :p I don't know! But my companion thinks I'm cheap. Honestly, I don't think that's a bad thing! It's a compliment really!

Anyway, I'm sorry I don't have much more to say this week. I hope all of you have a wonderful and safe week! Until next Monday...

Elder Dyal 


No comments:

Post a Comment