Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Week #26 - East Quito, Ecuador - January 26, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,
           
This week has been great for me! Me and my companion have been working hard to make this a good and productive transfer. Although I'm still kind of bummed because we have been having problems with keeping our investigators progressing. I don't know if it's just this sector or not, but it has been really hard for us to actually find and keep investigators progressing and attending church. 

Although we have had success with less actives which is a bit of an issue. The elders quorum president told me that there are 30 or 40 members on the list for his quorum but only about a maximum of 10 attend regularly. So although we haven't had much luck with investigators, we have had more success with the less actives! We have been trying to make things more efficient with the ward and keep everyone involved after having a ward council without the bishop or his counselors and more than half the leaders.

Also there is something I have noticed about the people here in Ecuador...they don't seem to accept it when we say the word small or "pocito" in Spanish. For example 2 times this week during lunch when I finished my food at a member's home, they ask "oh, do you want some more?" To which both times I said "yes thank you, but just a little bit", to which afterwards they returned with a another huge plate of food! You would think I learned my lesson in Otavalo where it was worse but it took me until now to see that this is a pattern here. Needless to say, I think I have gained a few pounds this week :p

Thank you all so much for your continual support as always. I love you all and wish you all a good week this week!! 

Elder Dyal



No comments:

Post a Comment