Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Week #31 - Calderón, Ecuador - March 2, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

So it has been awesome here this week! On Monday last week, I had a lot of people tell me that the ward I was going to was the best ward in the mission. One of the assistantes and even the President said that the "Vergel" ward was powerful. It is definitely the biggest ward I have been in so far, that's for sure. Big enough to feel like the Canton Ward. :)

Last Monday, I was also surprised to see my first companion and trainer in the church offices while I was there. He hasn't been in Quito for any part of his mission so it was a surprise. Man, he was such a good companion to me! I was so happy to see him. He also told me that Elder Caballero, my second companion, was just transfered to Calderón as well, but it turns out that he is in Calderón Oeste and I'm in Calderón Este! So close! Maybe we will run into each other sometime. 

Llano Grande, the city I now live in now is a lot more rural. And for some reason, there are a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses here, more than any other sector I have been in. I am in the district with the zone leaders again, which now actually hasn't been too bad. The ZL's here are really awesome! Hahaha! Everyone jokes that one of the ZL's, Elder Smith, looks like superman!

On Sunday we had 3 investigators attend church which was really awesome. The only problem with some of the them is that it's hard for them to come on Sundays because of work and/or they are not currently married to the person they are living with. Although I'm actually very hopeful that will change in the future as we continue to teach them!

Elder Galiego, my new companion, is a really awesome guy and companion! I didn't really write about the problems I had with my last one in La Luz, but it really was bad. Unfortunately it wasn't much of an improvement from the transfer I had before him. If anything, it was almost worse. But Elder Galiego has been such an improvement! Now I feel like I can focus on helping the people we teach rather than focusing on a trying to have a better relationship with my companion. During my last transfer, it was also really hard to get along with the ZL's too. Now here in Calderón, I feel like I'm on the same team as the other missionaries. I feel like a better and improved missionary!

I can't even describe how wonderful this week has been from my last 12 weeks in La Luz! So much better in so many ways!! Everything has been an answer to my prayers! Now I feel like I can help people instead of focusing so much on getting along with my companion and my leaders. Everything finally feels good and that's a big sigh of relief for me!

I'm so thankful for the prayers from my family and friends. I miss everyone so much and truly feel the power of your prayers in my missionary service. I'm so thankful for your continual support and your letters and emails. :) I wish each and every one of you a great week! 

Elder Dyal


 The 59th Anniversary of Llano Grande

La Familia Vaca




No comments:

Post a Comment