Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, April 6, 2015

Week #36 - Calderón, Ecuador - April 6, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was really great and pretty hilarious! :p On Tuesday, as always, we went to the Gallardo family's house for lunch. They invite us every week, but it's usually just Sister Gallardo and her 2 grandkids that she takes care of during the day. Sister Gallardo also washes our clothes for us, so conveniently, we are always able to get our laundry on the same day after eating lunch. Sister Gallardo left the house so we could eat, and afterwards, we went up to the top of the house to collect our clothes so that they could come back in. Sister Gallardo wasn't really paying attention to her grandkids because she was outside washing her clothes. After my companion and I came back downstairs, we found that the kids were being sneaky and took crayons and drew all over the wall! Almost immediately, Sister Gallardo came inside and when she saw them, she yelled out, "Por favor! Què les pasa?" And the kids just looked at her and began drawing faster on the walls as she ran towards them... Like they were thinking, "Hurry quick! Draw as much as you can! She's coming!" It was so funny! I couldn't stop laughing! 

Then to top it off, my companion picked up a baseball bat and was playing around with Samuel, one of the kids. Then he accidentally swung the bat backwards and hit and broke one of the lights in the hallway. My companion was shocked and felt really bad, and I was dying from laughter. Sister Gallardo came in when she heard us. She saw what happened and then laughed as well and said, "These little kids are naughty but the Elders are even worse!" ;p I'm not so sure I have laughed that hard in a long time! ;p

Today was indeed transfers...but not really for me because I'm still in the same sector with the same companion! I am so happy! I love it here and so glad I have the same companion again for 6 more weeks. :D My companion didn't want to leave either. He really thought he was going to get changed though, so he was surprised when he found out he was staying! He told me he was praying that he wouldn't get changed. He also even asked a few families to fast for him to stay! :p I'm glad that he is still my companion. Even though my first 2 companions and trainers in Ecuador, Elder Arcaya and Elder Caballero, were also amazing, I did have some adjustments and issues to overcome, as most companionships do. But Elder Galiego and I get along so well! He is the only companion that I haven't had any problems or issues with...not even once! Its been such a blessing!

Thankfully this weekend, I was able to listen to conference in English! That was really cool! And before the Priesthood session on Saturday night, I was talking to Elder Webber, who is one of the elders in my area. We talked about what he thought of conference so far. He explained it this way.... "So this is how conference has been so far - fast offerings, marriage, marriage, marriage, marriage, if you think your missionary companion sucks well turns out you suck too, marriage, marriage, and well...marriage!" Haha! And some of the missionaries who will be going home soon said that it must mean that they are suppose to get married right away! Hahahahaha! Then on Sunday, two of the Seventy's gave their talks in Spanish, and we all agreed to listen to it in Spanish because it's hard to listen in English but also hear the Spanish in the background. Because we understand both languages, it just makes it easier on our minds if we just listened in Spanish. It was really neat to hear conference in both of the languages that I know and  understand!

I hope you guys had an amazing Easter and enjoyed conference!! I truly believe that the messages that they give us are inspired and what the Lord wants us to hear and apply to our lives. Have a wonderful week all of you! Until next week...

Elder Dyal

Eating lunch with the Gallardo Grandkids, Jose and Samuel

What the Grandkids did....

What my companion did....

Celebrating my companion's birthday this week with the Pazmino family 

I don't remember why I was laughing so hard or why my companion looks confused...

With the Vaca family

 We found chickens with la familia Reyes

 It's going to eat me!!!!

 Now it's my turn!!

Me and Elder Galiego and chickens

 After conference with Gonzalo and his girlfriend, David, and the ward mission leader

After conference with some of the Pazmino family, the ward mission leader and his daughter, the Sister Missionaries, Gonzalo and his girlfriend, and my companion and I





No comments:

Post a Comment