Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Week #45 - Calderón, Ecuador - June 8, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a bit interesting...

To start off, this week we visited a sister in our ward and her husband, and they told us they saw something interesting on Facebook the other day about Brother Tovar. I admit, it was very different than what I expected. Brother Tovar seriously was one of the coolest guys I have met here in Ecuador. He is super calm and so thoughtful and nice, so when I saw what that the Ministerio Interior and the local police put on up on Facebook, I almost didn't believe it. They put a picture up of him saying he was a wanted man because he was a secuestrador de niños (a kidnapper). There are a few other people in the ward that know about this, but everyone's opinions about what happened to Brother Tovar always change depending on who you talk to. All we know is what this famila showed us on Facebook...

We have decided to focus more on finding new people lately, and luckily we have found some people that have shown interest. We are focusing more on this because the people we have been teaching for the last little while just aren't progressing. It seems as if one of the hardest requirements for investigators to follow through with before getting baptized is to attend church regularly. To get baptized, they need 3 attendances which meant they needed to attend church yesterday and also next Sunday to get baptized in June, but hardly anyone came yesterday. :( 

And today I just recently learned that my memory card for my camera has a virus on it, so I can't send the pictures that I have on my camerá. Hope to get that worked out...

We were also planning on having a district activity today but couldn't get permission because of the new rules in my mission. We now can't have zone/district activities outside the church building anymore. And if someone asks permission to be able to go have an activity somewhere, then only that companionship can go and not the entire district or zone which makes having activities very difficult because there aren't too many things to do or tons of places to go if we can't get permission.

So yesterday was intertransfers, and I was kind of expecting to be involved, but it looks like at least I will be in Llano Grande and the Vergel Ward for another 3 weeks. I expect that I will probably transfer after that though, but luckily, I have 3 more weeks here.

Have an awesome week everyone! And enjoy school being out! Hahaha!

Elder Dyal



No comments:

Post a Comment