Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Week #52 - Esmeraldas, Ecuador - July 27, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

I had a bit of an interesting week. Well, that is to say a one of a kind week, for sure! Hahaha!

As I explained in the last letter, my foot was really swollen last week. It is actually kinda crazy how fast my foot went from bad to worse. On Tuesday, the mission nurse set an appointment up with a doctor in Esmeraldas. We went on Tuesday evening after Elder Huber's leader meeting with the president. The doctor looked at my foot, and gave me some medications and told me to rest.

Well, I bought the medications but it was nearly impossible for me to rest because the next day we had other meetings with the president. But I took the medications when I needed to but each day, and my foot got noticeably worse. Finally on Thursday the nurse talked to the president and he said that I should come to Quito to get it checked out.

So on Friday, I went with Elder Parker, one of the zone leaders, and we headed off to Quito. That same day, a dermatologist looked at my foot and took what looked like worm out of my foot! The nurse asked if it was a worm, and he said it wasn't, but it certainly looked a lot like a worm! He also looked at the medications that the doctor in Esmeraldas told me to take and said they were completely useless. He gave me other medications and finally I started seeing results!

It's crazy how fast my foot got so bad from Monday to Friday, and then cured to now almost nothing! I have no doubt that God's hand was here helping me. Right now I'm still in Quito staying in San Carlos. My first companion, Elder Arcaya is the zone leader here! It's been fun to see him again and spend these few days with him.

If everything goes as planned, I will head back to Esmeraldas tomorrow! The only sad thing was that we had a baptism scheduled for last Saturday that I couldn't attend. Other than that, most of my week was ruined because of my foot. I barely spent any time proselyting or teaching. Hopefully next week will be better for that once I get back.

Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf! I love you guys! Have an amazing week!!!


Elder Dyal



No comments:

Post a Comment