Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Week #55 - Esmeraldas, Ecuador - August 17, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Life is great here in the mission field! Last week I had one of my best weeks yet since I have been in Esmeraldas with Elder Huber. We have been working like machines! :p But not only just missionary work, but also exercising. Ever since my foot has been getting better, I have been taking exercise more seriously. And Elder Huber wants to be in the best shape possible before going home. So we have been doing exercises a lot lately. 

I'm also good emotionally and spiritually. Although I'm not going to lie, some days I'm super pilas and motivated, and other days not so much. I have been trying to be better at that. It's hard when you can't find people to teach or when you don't see your investigators progressing. Although I especially got motivated a lot this weekend after seeing the work the branch council did yesterday. They really helped to get a lot of the less actives to attend church yesterday. That was great! But, Elder Huber and I have been working with 3 different couples trying to encourage them to get married, and only 1 of them seems to be progressing towards that goal. And with one of the couples, we decided to take a break for a bit because they hide every time we go to their house. And it's at the top of a really huge hill, so it's frustrating to go all the way up there for nothing.

Either way, the work continues. I see the Lord's hand in everything we do. I also feel the spirit leading and guiding us each day. But it has been difficult finding new investigators in Esmeraldas. And we may not have a baptism this month, but we'll keep working hard...

The last little while in the branch here, many of the missionaries have been finishing up their missions. Two of the sister missionaries have finished since I have been here and one elder is going to be finishing up here in October as well. And we also have 2 members in the branch who will be leaving in October to start their missions. They were called to Colombia and Honduras!

Other than that there isn't too much to talk about... ;p I hope everyone enjoys their week. I love you all so much!! Thanks for your letters and prayers!!

Elder Dyal


 With the Familia Altafulla

 I am making Patacones


I was interested in what Patacones were, so I looked up a "How to Make Patacones" on YouTube. (I attached the video below) We might have to make it sometime! And we will definitely make it for Spencer when he gets home... Or, he can make it for us! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment