Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week #62 - Esmeraldas, Ecuador - October 5, 2015

Dear Friends and Family,

This was a full week. By that I mean a lot of stuff happening...

First of all, I got the package! Thank you so much!!!! I felt like it was my birthday! :) And the candy was super good. Ecuador doesn't have a lot of candy. That's kinda a good and a bad thing. The majority of the people here are in pretty good shape, so it's nice not to have that kind of temptation around, but every once and a while it's heavenly! Thanks! ;p

On Tuesday, we had our training meetings. President Richardson and the Asistantes came up from Quito to train us all day. It was also pretty cool to see some of the other guys from my incoming group to the Quito North Mission that day. There are 5 of them in the San Rafael zone and I am the only one in Esmeraldas (picture of us attached). We are still the biggest group of missionaries that has ever come to this mission. 23 of us last September! Woooo! :p During the training meeting, we were taught and/or reminded again how we need to dress as missionaries, good ways to cook Ecuadorian foods, the best ways to buy food cheaply, and how to improve our missionary area books. It was a long day, but a good one.

On Friday, we had divisions. It made me nervous that day because I was assigned to a newby missionary that doesn't know Spanish very well. But the unnecessary stress was all in my head and we actually had a really good day.

Saturday we went to the La Tolita stake center to watch general conference and we pretty much stayed there all day. But on Sunday, we decided to just stay here in Esmeraldas to watch the Sunday sessions. We were also able to watch everything in English! It was so refreshing to listen to the talks in English and I was grateful. And it was cool to see the new apostles called to the Quorum of the Twelve...Elder Rasband (that was obvious), Elder Stevenson and Elder Renlund (didn't see those coming) and listen to their amazing testimonies. What a wonderful and spiritual weekend.

I hope everyone enjoyed conference. Whoops...don't have any crazy and/or weird stories to tell you this week, but I'll see what I can do for you next week! ;p Hahaha! I love you guys! Take care! :)


Elder Dyal


Elder Dyal with some other guys from his incoming group to the Quito North Mission at the training meeting with the President last Tuesday -- Still the biggest group of missionaries to come to the mission! (23 total)



No comments:

Post a Comment