Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, December 14, 2015

Week #72 - Coca, Ecuador - December 14, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a fun week for the missionaries in the Zona Oriente Norte!

On Wednesday, we all went to Quito for the Cena Navideña in the Mission House. Although Elder Perez and I had a bit of a late start getting ready and we almost missed the bus to Quito! The trip really shouldn't take as long as it does. Ecuador is a small country, but the road going from Coca to Quito winds and curves all over the place, so it takes much longer than it should to get there. It basically took all day.

We were told that the missionaries over in Esmeraldas were going to join us for dinner that night, but the Asistentes changed it at the last minute. That was kind of a bummer because I was really looking forward to seeing the missionaries from my last zone in the coast including my old companion, Elder Cabezas. But we ended up just having dinner with our zone, so there was plenty for everyone!

I was excited to have a Christmas package from home waiting for me at the Mission House! :) I loved the gifts that my family sent me for Christmas. Lots of surprises. :p And after the dinner, we stayed the night in La Luz. It was cool to see again. It's been a year ago since I was there. And then the next day we spent the majority of the day traveling back to the orient again.

Even though we didn't have much time to work this week, we still had good attendance with our investigators at church on Sunday. Although Christian, our only investigator with a baptismal date, will be moving his baptism date back a few weeks. But the good news is that getting a visa and a passport for his wife, Jennifer will be a lot easier than we originally thought. But it will take time...Maybe January or possibly February.

Anyway, today we had changes and my companion, Elder Perez got changed to Otavalo. And my new companion will be Elder Jeffery. I say "will be" because he still hasn't come yet. But I know who he is. I met Elder Jeffery in Esmeraldas. He is pretty crazy! Hahaha! I'm sure he will be very excited to be in the jungle! He will be my 4th gringo companion.

Have a fun wintery week everyone!

Elder Dyal 


 Christmas dinner at the Mission Home with Oriente Norte

 Ready to eat dinner

Ready to eat dinner with President and Sister Richardson 

 Elder Dyal and his companion Elder Perez

 Singing some Christmas songs

 Singing some Christmas songs

 Playing handbells to "Silent Night"

 President Richardson holding the handbell music to "Silent Night"

 Oriente Norte missionaries playing the handbells

  Oriente Norte missionaries playing the handbells

 Elder Dyal with President and Sister Richardson

Elder Perez with President and Sister Richardson


No comments:

Post a Comment