Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Week #76 - Coca, Ecuador - January 11, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

I have had a great week this week!

I've come to the conclusion that Ecuador has changed me in many ways. If the weather changes just 3 degrees, I'm either freezing or melting. If someone gives me a meal without soup or rice, it doesn't seem like a full meal. And I'm starting to say "mande" if I want someone to repeat what they said. I think I'm officially a  Gringo-Ecuadoriano! Jajajaja! :p My companion got some brownie mix from the states that his parents sent to him. He made them last week and we were so excited as they were cooking because they smelled so good! And it was really good at first, but then I could eat only one brownie because it was soooo sugary. Afterwards I lost my appetite. My taste buds hardly remember what I use to love in the states.

At the beginning of the year, President Richardson gave us the challenge to find an entire family to teach the gospel to. We were to think and pray about a certain number of people in a family, agree about it with your companion, and search for them every day. So this week we accepted his challenge. My companion and I searched and found a family that was interested in having us over to talk to them about the gospel. We were certain that we found "them"- the family! We had an appointment with them yesterday, but when we went to their house, they weren't there...hmm! We will try again this week. Please pray for us that we will be able to teach them and they will be receptive to our teachings...

Next week, Elder Godoy of the seventy will be coming to Quito to have a "tour" of the mission. We will be taking a trip out there to hear him speak. We will see how that goes I guess...

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Dyal

 Elder Dyal with members of his district

 The jungle of Cañon

The jungle of Cañon


No comments:

Post a Comment