Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Week #83 - Otavalo, Ecuador - February 29, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

Geez, this transfer has passed by way too fast! We are now on week 6 and next week will be transfers again! Feels like I just arrived in Otavalo.

When Elder Holland came to the Otavalo stake, I had the privilege to see many of the members that I knew from my old area in the Cayambe ward, including Hermano Parra the mission leader. Although I'm not sure he recognized me... :p And I also went over to talk to Presidente Quishpe, who is the branch president. He did recognize me, but not at first! Hahaha! I shook his hand and he wasn't paying much atencion until I said his name, and then he looked at me and said, "Elder! You have grown a lot! How have you been?"

Last week I was sick! Monday I didn't feel very good, and then on Tuesday I woke up feeling terrible and started throwing up during studies. Most of the week I have just felt under the weather. :/ But now I'm feeling better, thank goodness. It's horrible being sick! But now my apetito has completely changed so I'm guessing that I probably ate something that most likely made me sick.

This week we have 3 baptisms planned! They are for Katherine Gonzales, Vanessa Vera, and Evelin Vera and all three of them are teenagers. We figured out recently that they are actually friends with each other and they go to the same school. If everything goes according to plan, they should be baptized this Friday. But as I've seen so many times on my mission, Satan works ridiculously hard to make sure people don't follow through, so I'm anticipating challenges sometime this week. Please send prayers! 

I'll send pictures of the baptisms next week. Have a great week everyone! 

Elder Dyal


No comments:

Post a Comment