Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Week #85 - Otavalo, Ecuador - March 14, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a great week and a really good start to this transfer.

My new companion Elder Vail, is American and from Utah. I've had 3 companions now that have been from Utah. It's been a joke in our mission that mostly everyone in the mission is either from Utah or Peru. Apparently there's a considerable amount of members of the church who live in Lima, Peru. I've also had 2 companions from Peru, so I guess that makes sense. 3 companions from Utah ("the factory" as everyone calls it) and 2 from Peru and everyone else has been from different places.

My trainer, Elder Arcaya finished his mission last week. I really wanted to see him before he left but he was in Esmeraldas when he finished. :/ He was definitively one of my best companions. My other trainer, Elder Caballero is in Otavalo here with me. He has this transfer and one more, and then he goes home. He's still super crazy and fun. Hahaha! Some things don't change I guess... Elder Vail is pretty funny. I really enjoy being around him and he's been good to work with. 

My birthday has been pretty fun today. For the month of March, we can only have activities as a zone if we baptize at least 2 people in the week. And since we met that goal last week, we were able to have a zone activity today! :-) Only 2 of the sisters participated though because apparently the other 4 of them were sick today. So it was an activity mostly for the elders! We played soccer, of course! That's what most elders like to do when we get together. Elder Caballero is still ridiculously good. I'm alright, but always getting better since I've been playing so much on my mission. I'm better at playing than your average gringo! Hahaha! And we also played dodgeball. Elder Caballero is suprisingly good at that as well. But most Latinos can't throw at all, so the Americans destroyed the Latinos at dodgeball! Especially the Americans that played baseball. Afterwards we went for pizza. I haven't gotten my birthday package yet, but tomorrow we have a conference with President Richardson. Hopefully I can get it then!.

Anyways, that is how my week went. Thanks to everyone for writing me and wishing me a happy birthday! It made my day! I love you all! 

Elder Dyal

Today 3/14/16 -- Our zone getting ready to play soccer


No comments:

Post a Comment