Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Week #100 - Comité Del Pueblo, Ecuador - June 27, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

We have had a good week this week!

Like last week, it's still been pretty dangerous here in Comité del Pueblo. In general it seems to be getting crazier too. Yesterday, there was a group of black preachers and church members from another church screaming at the members of our ward as we were leaving church. They were yelling at us that we needed to repent or God will destroy us! That was surprising! There has also been a lot more drunk guys walking around as well. Even in the middle of the day. And unfortunately, they are the dangerous ones who are willing to hurt or rob people. Don't know why it's been happening more often the last few weeks. Maybe we're just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

When my companion and I were on the bus last week, we saw a guy walk on and he looked straight at us. His eyes were bloodshot red so we assumed he was drunk or high or something.  I immediately felt what Nephi described as "the evil spirit" in 2 Nephi. As the guy stumbled towards us, my companion also felt the same feeling because he whispered to me that we should move seats right away. Without hesitation, we changed seats and the guy sat down away from us. Weird and scary, right?

Other than that, we actually had a pretty normal week. We found 2 new families to teach: Familia Cedeño and Familia Beldumo. There are both pretty cool and interested in what we were teaching them. We invited them to come to church on Sunday but neither of the families attended. And at our district meeting last week, my companion and I gave the training lesson. I haven't really had to do many training lessons, but the times that I have trained, I know I could've done better. But this time it was pretty good and I felt like it went well. I definitely like to do it as a companionship instead of by myself. It's a lot easier that way.

Today for p-day, we had a fun zone activity. We played kickball, ate hot dogs, and played the Sign game. It was so difficult to get the Latinos to understand how to play kickball! It was kinda funny. But I mean really? Is kickball that hard? All you do is kick the ball and run the bases. Apparently soccer is easier for them I guess!

Have a good week everyone! Thank you for your prayers as I teach the people of Ecuador and also for my safety. I know that everything is in the Lord's hands!

Elder Dyal

Elder Dyal's Last Zone Conference
(The last Zone Conference the Richardsons attended before they go home at the end of this week)









No comments:

Post a Comment