Spencer is from Canton, Michigan and is called to serve in the Ecuador Quito North Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from July 2014 - July 2016.

Monday, June 6, 2016

Week #97 - Comité Del Pueblo, Ecuador - June 6, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been fun with Elder Aguilar. I really enjoy being his companion. He is a lot of fun. I am really glad I have him as my last companion in the mission field. Not only because he is fun but because he is a hard working missionary which is what I prayed for as my last companion. I really want to be focused until the end, and I know he will help with that. Missionary work is a lot easier when you and your companion have a similar outlook on missionary work and when you actually get along with them. He likes to make fun of the fact that I'm going to be finishing the mission soon. He likes to sing me parts of 2 different hymns...In particular, "God be with you till we meet again" and a hymn that is only in the Spanish hymn book: "(Elder Dyal) adios pues adios el tiempo de ir vino ya!" He thinks it's hilarious! :p  

There are 3 elders and 1 sister from the Calderón zone that will be going home in 5 weeks on the same day I am. Elder Colfack, Elder Richardson, Hermana Tonge, and me. All of us are Americans. I'm not sure how many others total from the other zones are going home, but it's a pretty big group.  President and Sister Richardson are going to finish in 3 or 4 weeks now. To celebrate his departure (and also our departure), he is having a lunch this Wednesday with all the Elders and Sisters from the group going home with me. That should be fun! Hopefully there will be pictures!

It looks like we are going to have to postpone the baptism of the Rosero- Fuan Mayor because Brother Rosero wants to be able to baptize his own children. But first we have to active him and he has to talk to the bishop about it. It also turns out that Sister Fuan Mayor's brother will need to baptize his daughter as well because they lost her ficha in Colombia where she was originally baptized. Even though the baptisms will take a little longer than we originally thought, having the 4 of them get baptized on the same day and also having their Fathers be the ones to baptize them will be much better and more memorable for everyone. I'm glad they are making it an important goal in their lives.

Sorry this is short. Not much more to talk about. Hopefully more next week. Thanks for all your support and prayers. Have a great week everyone! 

Elder Dyal



No comments:

Post a Comment